A life-based learning curriculum enables, enriches and enlightens. It ensures that children learn about themselves, about their place in the wider community and about the physical world they inhabit.
A life-based curriculum adds value to children’s learning. It rearranges the curriculum into life-based themes that reflect the urgent personal, social and environmental issues that confront us all.
Individual life-based learning outcomes
- Children are fitter and healthier
- Emotional resilience is increased
- Children’s brains are unlocked
Social life-based learning outcomes
- Communication with others is improved
- Confident and lasting relationships are formed
- Community and society is put at the heart of learning
Environmental life-based learning outcomes
- Respect for and relevance of plant life is promoted
- Animal life in all its varieties is valued and looked after
- Our planet’s finite resources are sustainably managed